CPR Trainig & Certification Class
 

Miami CPR-AED Training & Certification Classes

Responding to Sudden Cardiac Arrest VictimIn the event of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA), the victim requires an electric shock from a defibrillator to the heart. It is the only known thing that a layperson can use that will save their life. Using an AED & starting CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) within the first two minutes of cardiac arrest improves the victim’s chances of survival by 90 percent. For each minute that passes without CPR & the use of an AED, the victims chances of survival decrease approximately 10 percent.

The average national response time for “Emergency Rescue” is 5 to 10 minutes in an urban area, including Miami Florida. If 9-1-1 rescuers arrive at the location in 5 minutes, by the time they get their equipment, get in your building, get to the victim, and analyze the situation it will be several more minutes before the first Life Saving Shock is delivered.

If chances of survival go down nearly 10% per minute without someone performing CPR and the use of an AED, can you afford to wait for Emergency Rescue? Don't wait, become a link in the "Chain of Survival."

Getting certified in our Miami CPR-AED training & certification class is fun and easy. With Pulse America’s complete AED solution, you'll have the peace of mind of knowing you have the best technology, ease of use, as well as Pulse America’s hands on style of CPR-AED training to help make your Miami workplace safer.

Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Heart Attack
Most sudden cardiac arrests are due to abnormal heart rhythms called arrhythmias. The most common arrhythmia is ventricular fibrillation (VF), in which the heart’s electrical impulses suddenly become chaotic and ineffective. Blood flow to the brain abruptly stops; the victim then collapses and quickly loses consciousness. Death usually follows unless a normal heart rhythm is restored within minutes.  

A heart attack is different from sudden cardiac arrest although sometimes a heart attack can trigger SCA. A heart attack occurs when one of the heart’s major blood vessels becomes blocked, shutting off blood flow and oxygen to the heart muscle. Without oxygen the heart muscle starts to die, producing pain and other symptoms. A heart attack may lead to a cardiac arrest.  

 

In simple terms, a heart attack is a “plumbing” problem caused when a vessel becomes clogged. Sudden cardiac arrest is an electrical problem. Unlike a sudden cardiac arrest victim, a heart attack victim is often awake and can talk despite having chest pain or pressure. The most common symptom of a heart attack is severe pain or pressure in the center of the chest.

Sudden cardiac arrest strikes people of all ages and fitness levels, usually without warning. Many of these lives could be saved if:  

 

  • Bystan ders act promptly to phone 911 and begin CPR, and   
  • Trained personnel provide defibrillation within 3 to 5 minutes.  

Chain of Survival

More people survive sudden cardiac arrest when a certain sequence of events happens as quickly as possible. This series of steps is called the Chain of Survival.  

 

  • Early Access: Recognizing that a cardiovascular emergency exists and immediately notifying the EMS (Emergency Medical Services) system is a key element. In most communities, phoning 911 activating the EMS system.  
  • Early CPR: Starting CPR immediately after cardiac arrest to circulate oxygen-rich blood to vital organs buys time for the victim until defibrillation can be given.   
  • Early Defibrillation: Defibrillation of the victim as soon as equipment arrives.   
  • Early Advanced Care: Trained healthcare providers arriving quickly to administer advanced lifesaving interventions. 

Miami CPR Training & Certification, to schedule a class call (305) 302-6256

We service the following communities in South Florida for CPR/AED training & certificatoin classes: Miami, Hialeah, Kendall, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, Miami Lakes, Opa Locka, North Miami, Homestead, Dania, Hallandale, Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Davie, Lauderhill, Sunrise, Plantation, Weston, Miramar, Coral Springs, Margate, Coconut Creek, Tamarac, Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray, Wellington, Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Jupiter, Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach, Port St. Lucie and Fort Pierce.